Food Transition Pact
The Food Transition Pact is a network of Carrefour suppliers that are engaged on the Food Transition for all – transforming food systems through offering customers nutritional & sustainable products at a reasonable price.
Leading the Food Transition for all is at the core of Carrefour’s activities. While we have made progress, we recognize that we cannot face the challenges threatening food systems alone.
The Pact provides a platform for suppliers to exchange, to share best practices, to learn about new opportunities to collaborate with Carrefour and to share progress with consumers.
How does it work?
Open to all suppliers on a voluntary basis, the Food Transition Pact is an opportunity for suppliers to take concrete actions to distinguish themselves as leaders of the Food Transition for all. Suppliers commit to the Food Transition Pact with commitments and an action plan in at least 3 of the 5 priority areas of the Pact and report progress to the Food Transition Pact.
- Packaging: Limiting the environmental impact of packaging through removal of unnecessary consumer packaging and reduction of packaging volume along with clear labeling on how to recycle.
- Biodiversity: Encouraging environmentally responsible agricultural practices
- Transparency: Providing customers with information on ingredient sourcing, labeling and what impact the manufacture and distribution of products has on the environment and society all throughout the supply chain.
- Responsible Products: Ensuring healthy product composition and that the products sold are sourced and produced in a manner that is sustainable
- Climate: Ensuring a climate-smart food system that reduces impact on the environment
June 6th to 9th, Carrefour Brasil took part in the 14th edition of the...Read more
● Carrefour is the first retailer partnering with Google in France on...Read more