Turkey: opening of the Maltepe Park shopping centre
The Maltepe Park shopping centre is reopening its doors to the public after 19 months of building work and is transforming into a major shopping destination. Featuring a number of new, modern-design spaces and 140 new shops (including an Apple Store and stores in the Inditex group), Maltepe Park has a selection of stores, services and restaurants that is unique in Istanbul.
With its excellent location on the eastern bank of the Bosporus and links to the rest of the city via the main E5 road, Maltepe Park is in a district that is enjoying strong growth - both demographically and socially.
With the help of Carrefour Property's expertise in real estate, Carrefour SA set out to completely overhaul the existing site, focusing on the following points:
- Extending the shopping arcade by 39,000 sq.m. and creating 2 extra levels
- Completely renovating the 20,000 sq.m. of the existing arcade
- Remodelling the Carrefour hypermarket and its 10,400 sq.m. of sales area
- Adding an additional 2 levels to the underground car park – that's space for 800 extra vehicles – fitted with dynamic signage.
In partnership with the city, the site has been redesigned as a major urban promenade, featuring outside landscaped terraces and pedestrian walkways. It also has a new metro station right next to the shopping centre and a new 11,000 sq.m. office block, which is where Carrefour's new head office is located.
• Some 100 new pick-up points open • Programme to extend home...Read more
Customers in China now have a new Carrefour app. Serving as a real...Read more
To promote France tourism, culture and food, Business France Taiwan...Read more