2017 2nd Quarter Sales
Continued sales growth in the 2nd Quarter of 2017
+6.1% in the quarter and +6.2% in the half
• Reported sales growth of +6.1% in Q2, reflecting a good like-for-like performance and expansion
Continued solid growth in food sales; like-for-like sales growth in non-food
• Further sales growth in France: +0.8%
Like-for-like growth in all formats
• Strong momentum in all European countries: +8.6%
Like-for-like growth of +3.4%
• Sales up +13.6% in the Rest of the world1
Total sales under banners including petrol stood at €26.3bn in the second quarter of 2017 and at €52.1bn in the first half, up respectively by 5.2% and 4.9% at current exchange rates.
Due to the filing on June 28, 2017 by Atacadão S.A. (Grupo Carrefour Brasil), the parent company of all Carrefour Group’s activities in Brazil, of the preliminary prospectus in connection with the listing of Grupo Carrefour Brasil’s shares on the Novo Mercado segment of the São Paulo stock exchange, the level of detail of Carrefour’s second quarter sales release will be limited. The usual sales breakdown per region will be made public when Carrefour Group releases its first-half results on August 30, 2017.
1 Latin America and Asia
June 6th to 9th, Carrefour Brasil took part in the 14th edition of the...Read more
● Carrefour is the first retailer partnering with Google in France on...Read more