Carrefour enters into an agreement with the Nouvelle Aquitaine Regional Chamber of Agriculture for the development of organic agriculture
When present at the Nouvelle Aquitaine Agricultural Show on 24 May, Carrefour committed to, and signed, an agreement with the Regional Chamber of Agriculture to develop organically grown or reared produce.
The aim of this partnership agreement between Carrefour and the Nouvelle Aquitaine Regional Chamber of Agriculture is to encourage exchanges and collaboration between the region’s farmers and the banner to meet an increasing demand by consumers for organically farmed products.
In signing this agreement, Carrefour undertakes to:
- make its requirements known in respect of organic raw materials,
- draw up multi-year agreements with producers relating to new regional and national supply lines for organic products,
- promote the region’s organic products.
The Nouvelle Acquitaine Regional Chamber of Agriculture undertakes to:
- assist Carrefour in sourcing new producers,
- provide producers with support in their techno-economic issues.
The second highlight of the show was Carrefour’s signature of agreements with four of the region’s companies to develop organic animal and vegetable lines and its undertakings on:
- prices factoring in production costs, ensuring ongoing revenue for the farms and support with conversion if necessary,
- volumes, giving visibility to the producers.
- La Ferme de l’Estuaire: launch of two new organic radish and leek lines.
- Rougeline: creation of new organic tomato, cucumber and courgette lines.
- Allix: development of an organic potato line.
- Capel: participation in the development of its organic pig line.
June 6th to 9th, Carrefour Brasil took part in the 14th edition of the...Read more
● Carrefour is the first retailer partnering with Google in France on...Read more