Carrefour is aware of the impact that the processing of personal data it carries out may have on the privacy of its Internet users. Consequently, we consider the protection of your personal data that we process to be essential.
It is for this reason that Carrefour wishes to present to you the principles that guide it with regard to the management of your personal data and their confidentiality. We will keep you regularly informed of any changes to the processing of your personal data via our website or any other of our usual communication channels.
As part of our relationship of trust, we wanted to inform you specifically of the update of the information notices relating to the processing of your personal data by Carrefour. In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) applicable as from 25 May 2018, this update is intended to provide you with more information on the processing of your personal data.
The application of the GDPR principles, which we have already known about for a long time thanks to the French Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978, as amended, strengthens the protection of your data to create ever greater trust between us.
WHAT IS THE WEBSITE FOR WHICH THE PERSONAL DATA ARE COLLECTED?
The website www.carrefour.com is the Carrefour Group's corporate website. It allows Internet users to get to know our Group, its activities, its products and its services (hereinafter “the Website”).
As this is a corporate website and not a retail website, there are no general terms and conditions of sale or information notices relating to the security of payment methods. If you wish to use the Carrefour Group’s retail websites to which the Website refers, we invite you to view the general terms and conditions of sale and the information notices relating to the security of payment methods directly on these websites.
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
The data processed in the Carrefour context are derived from:
- Your registration: data on the subscription form such as your surname, name, date of birth and postal, telephone and email details;
- Data about you, such as your postal or email address and data relating to your profile, which will be included in our databases, may be sent to us by third parties. These third parties have collected your data fairly and obtained any consent required prior to sending them to Carrefour
- We may also have data from open data sources.
With the exception of data from open data sources, the other data are not accessible to the public.
Data may be collected directly from you.
The data collected are essential to enable us to better understand and interact with you, and to offer you a facilitated relationship with the Carrefour Group ecosystem.
WHO PROCESSES YOUR DATA?
The www.carrefour.com website is implemented by CARREFOUR, a société anonyme (limited company) with share capital of  whose registered office is located at 33, Avenue Emile Zola, Boulogne-Billancourt (92100) Nanterre Trade and Companies Register under number 652 014 051 that is responsible for the processing of any collection of your personal data in relation to the services offered by Carrefour.
The website manager is Mr Laurent Glépin, France and Group Communications Director.
The website is hosted on the IT equipment of HEWLETT-PACKARD, whose registered office is located at ULIS (91947) – 1, Avenue du Pacifique.
FOR WHAT PURPOSES DO WE COLLECT AND PROCESS YOUR DATA?
Carrefour collects and processes your data for the purposes listed below and described in more detail later:
Firstly, they are used for the purposes of managing our relationship and to enable us to better interact with you, to optimise the user experience or to respond to any requests or complaints.
The processing operations include:
- collecting your comments and opinions;
- managing your requests relating to the exercise of your rights, in particular the rights of access, rectification and objection that you enjoy pursuant to the regulations on personal data;
- managing the risk of fraudulent use of your data or the services to which you have access via Carrefour; depending on the results of checks carried out, Carrefour may take any measures it deems necessary to secure your data and the information system used for the purposes of Carrefour’s use, as well as to defend its interests. If necessary, these measures may lead to suspending your access to Carrefour to generate analyses or statistics to respond to inquiries or requests made by public interest bodies, administrations, or administrative or judicial authorities
- to track and administer the proof that Carrefour must provide in accordance with its legal or regulatory obligations or for purposes related to litigation management (e.g. the necessary evidence regarding the exercise of your rights)
- to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations applicable to Carrefour’s business (e.g. to respond to requests from the tax authorities).
Your data may be used for technical operations related to the processing of your personal data, for the requirements of the purposes set forth herein. These include:
- the technical operations linked to address recovery;
- the technical, organisational or cybersecurity operations linked to anomaly detection and security of your data and the information systems in which your data are processed.
WHY DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Your data may be processed for one or more of the following reasons:
- because it is necessary in order to provide Carrefour’s services.
- while respecting the fundamental interests, freedoms and rights of those registered with Carrefour's services, this is necessary to enable us or our partners to pursue our legitimate interests, such as optimally managing our relationship with our users, knowing them better and promoting our products and services to them, and also for combating fraud and defending ourselves in the event of disputes.
WHO WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS YOUR DATA?
To achieve the purposes described above and within the limits necessary for the pursuit of these purposes, your data may be transmitted to some or all of the following recipients:
- authorised persons of the relevant departments in Carrefour Group companies (e.g. communication departments, IT and information systems security departments);
- service providers and subcontractors of Carrefour group companies (e.g. IT service providers, service providers in the advertising sector);
- administrative or judicial authorities, where applicable, in compliance with our legal obligations or to enable us to defend our rights and interests.
LIMITATION OF THE PERIOD OF STORAGE OF YOUR DATA
Your data will be retained for the time needed to carry out the above purposes, plus the legal retention period.
Therefore, primarily, your data will be retained throughout your membership. They may then be kept and processed for 3 years following your last contact.
Your data may be stored for longer under specific legal obligations or with regard to applicable legal retention periods. For example, data may be stored for:
- 6 years for tax documents;
- 10 years for accounting documents;
- the entire duration of disputes and until the exhaustion of remedies.
Finally, should data subjects exercise their rights, the data relating to identity documents may be retained during the applicable statutory limitation periods, i.e. for a maximum period of 3 years.
HOW ARE YOUR DATA SECURED?
The companies of the Carrefour Group take into account the nature of the personal data and the risks involved in processing in order to put in place the appropriate technical, physical and organisational measures to preserve the security and confidentiality of the personal data and prevent them from being distorted, damaged or accessed by unauthorised third parties.
Carrefour Group companies choose sub-contractors or service providers that offer guarantees in terms of quality, security, reliability and resources to ensure the implementation of the technical and organisational measures, including with regard to the security of processing operations. The sub-contractors and service providers undertake to respect levels of confidentiality that are at least the same as those of the Carrefour Group companies.
ARE YOUR DATA PROCESSED OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN UNION?
The different categories of data collected and processed with regard to the www.carrefour.com website may be sent to service providers located in countries outside the European Union, such as the United States, also in the context of IT services or the utilisation of data relating to social networks.
To secure transfers outside the European Union, our sub-contractors either sign with Carrefour standard clauses defined by the European Commission in order to provide a framework for flows, or they are subject to binding internal rules by the authorities that control the protection of personal data, or they are located in a country with legislation offering adequate protection.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
In accordance with the regulations on personal data protection, you have a right to information as well as a right of access, rectification and erasure of your personal data (unless they are needed for us to comply with our legal obligations or to establish or exercise our rights), as well as the right to set guidelines for what happens to your data after your death. It is hereby specified that, under the right of access, Carrefour may request the payment of reasonable costs based on administrative costs for any additional copy of the data to the one that will be provided to you.
You also have a right to obtain a restriction on processing and the right to the portability of the data you have provided, which will apply in certain cases. In addition, for reasons relating to your specific situation, you may request to exercise your right to object to the processing of your personal data when the processing is based on the legitimate interest of the data controller, including profiling. In the event that such a right of objection is exercised, Carrefour shall cease processing except where there are legitimate and compelling reasons for the processing that prevail over the interests and rights and freedoms of the data subject or for the establishment, exercise or defence of a right in court. You may also object to any processing related to prospecting (including profiling related to such prospecting), or withdraw your consent at any time, if requested to do so (withdrawal of your consent will have no effect on the legality of the processing carried out before withdrawal of consent)
Carrefour wishes to inform you that the failure to provide data or the modification of your data may have consequences for the processing of certain requests within the context of fulfilling the general terms and conditions of the loyalty programme and that your requests to exercise your rights will be retained for monitoring purposes
To exercise your rights, simply write to Carrefour-Service Communication carrefour.com at the postal address 33 Avenue Emile Zola - TSA 55555 – 92649 Boulogne-Billancourt Cedex, indicating your surname, name, email address and, if possible, your customer reference. In accordance with the regulations in force, your request must be signed and accompanied by a photocopy of an identity document bearing your signature and must specify the address to which the response must be sent to you. A response will then be sent to you as soon as possible
We also wish to inform you of the existence of the "Bloctel" cold calling opt-out list run by Opposetel, for which you can register free of charge here: https://conso.bloctel.fr/.
In the event that we are unable to respond to your requests in a satisfactory manner, you may also file a complaint with a supervisory authority (the CNIL in France - 3 Place de Fontenoy - TSA 80715 - 75334 PARIS CEDEX 07. Phone: 01 53 73 22 22.)
Personal Data Protection Officer: Within the Carrefour Group, data controllers have appointed a Data Protection Officer whom you can contact for any questions relating to the processing of your personal data: Carrefour - Data Protection Officer – 33 Avenue Emile Zola – TSA 55555 – 92649 Boulogne-Billancourt Cedex.
June 6th to 9th, Carrefour Brasil took part in the 14th edition of the...Read more
● Carrefour is the first retailer partnering with Google in France on...Read more